What Are The Symptoms of Restless Legs Syndrome?
Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS) is a group of diseases that occur with a sense of discomfort in the limbs and sometimes have familial characteristics. How to treat venom tilt leg syndrome, especially seen in women, at night? How do you understand the indications? Here are all the details about restless leg syndrome …
In our country, restless leg syndrome is seen around 3% in the society. The age at which the disease occurs is very variable. Familial complaints can often occur at younger ages, even during childhood. People with restless leg syndrome usually complain about not being able to describe their complaints but with discomfort, tingling, stretching sensation, pain and numbness. These complaints that arise when the legs are still in motion during the evening and at night are comfortable when the patient wakes up, moves his legs, or is massaged.
Persons with leg heirs may think that they are related to it, and the restless leg recognition may be skipped and left untreated for years. A group does not see a doctor because they think that the reason for these aches is caused by rheumatic disorders. Some children may even get a “hyperactive child” because their legs are constantly playing. Leg pain, which children express in the age of development, may be left untreated because it is evaluated as “growth pain”.
In some people with restless legs syndrome, the intensity and frequency of complaints are so great that sleeping at night is difficult and sleep quality is impaired. As a result of poor quality and inadequate sleep, daily quality of life begins to be affected.
- Need to move the legs depending on the feeling of uneasiness
- These complaints occur in resting situations such as sitting and lying
- These complaints occur or rise in the evening hours or at night
- Movement of the legs may cause the feeling of discomfort to diminish or disappear for a period of time
- Problems such as numbness, throbbing, chills, tingling, cramping, burning, tickling and pain in the legs occur in the legs.
Causes Restless Leg Syndrome?
Although the causes of restless legs syndrome have been investigated by experts for a long time, the exact cause has not yet been determined. However, possible causes were determined during this research;
- Iron deficiency
- Kidney failure
- Dopamine hormone;
Dopamine is one of the hormones secreted in the brain. It is stated that imbalances in dopamine levels may lead to restless leg syndrome. It has been shown that some medicines that are used for different reasons and have an effect on the dopamine hormone in the brain, not for restless leg syndrome, worsen restless leg syndrome symptoms or cause similar symptoms. Dopamine is a chemical that plays a role in the control of muscles and may be associated with involuntary leg movements between restless leg syndrome symptoms.
- Family diseases
- Chronic diseases;
Chronic diseases such as chronic renal failure, diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis, thyroid problems and fibromyalgia may be effective in the development of restless leg syndrome.
- Use of some antidepressants, blood pressure and allergy medicines, cigarette smoking, excessive consumption of coffee or alcohol, stress, lack of movement, overweight or obesity are disorders that cause irritable leg syndrome.
What can be done during painful restless leg syndrome?
- Massage your legs
- Take a hot shower for the nights
- Apply hot or cold compresses to your leg muscles.
- Work with a business that will dissipate your attention.
- Do relaxing exercises like yoga.
- Walk or stretch movements.
How is leg syndrome treated?
For the treatment of restless leg syndrome, it is first necessary to determine the cause of the occurrence. If iron deficiency is detected in the person, an iron supplement is made, and the restless leg syndrome is also treated. However, if any cause can not be determined, it is necessary to change the way of life for treatment.
How does it chane one’s life?
- Night must be avoided from stimulants such as caffeine, tobacco, and alcohol.
- Smoking is not enough to stay away from the night, it is necessary to completely stop smoking.
- Regular exercise should be done, but in the evening, exercise should not be done near the bed.
- A regular sleeping pattern should be established. It is important to take time to enter the bed at the same time each day, to wake up at the same time, to relax before going to bed.
Pain relievers or magnesium or B12 supplements may relieve the indication.